Saturday, January 13, 2007

Pregnancy Status

Well...I'm still pregnant, filled with mixed emotions. The good news is that the doctor's are extremely happy with how healthy the babies are and how well I'm holding up. I guess the bed rest really paid off because I am now 35 weeks this weekend and they are still in my tummy. In fact, the doctors feel that we can deliver at Beaumont Troy which is a smaller, newer facility. Throughout the pregnancy, we were always going to Beaumont Royal Oak which has the outstanding Neonatal unit. The doctors feel that the babies are big and healthy enough that they are past the risks requiring Royal Oak's special facilities. Great news!

We have an ultrasound on Monday, January 15th to check the babies growth. They should both be over 5 lbs maybe even more! So needless to say, I'm ready to have these guys. I spent so many weeks trying not to have them that it's definitely a mind shift to "okay, whenever you're ready." And I'm definitely ready!

I received a call yesterday from my OB/GYN's office to schedule my induction. I was rather surprised, completely not expecting the call. The lady was quite friendly and said that the doctor knew that we did not want to go past a certain timeframe so they wanted to schedule a induction/delivery date ahead of time. I eagerly agreed but was a bit disappointed when she said how about February 4th. That's 3 weeks away. Do you know how big these boys could get in 3 weeks?????? She assured me that this was just the date that they knew I should not go beyond for the babies safety. If I go into labor before this date, great or if any issues arise the date could be moved earlier. So I've decided that once I verify the boys weight on Monday, I'm going to be as active as I can at this size to get things moving along.

The good news is that I've got company now. Matt's mom and dad arrived on Wednesday. It's great having someone around to talk to. And Matt's mom, Donna, is right with me on getting these babies moving on out!

1 comment:

Gayla said...

Sounds like you are doing great, Tam! Keep us posted on the progress! Can't wait to see those little guys!

We are totally iced in here in Tulsa this weekend. It's been sleeting for over 24 hours now... not a pretty picture. But of course, it's Tulsa, so it will probably be 56 degrees on Tuesday. (we hope!)