Friday, April 27, 2007

Google Earth - Satellite Pictures of Our House

Okay. Everyone probably already knows about this, but I think this is very cool. First, we are always looking at TWC (The Weather Channel) online to check out the doppler in our area. And they now have the doppler shown as an overlay over satellite photos of the earth. Very cool. So as I was zooming in to take a look at our State and City, my mouse scroll function got a bit crazy and next thing I know I'm look at a satellite shot of our street and Lake. Of course, I had to see how far I could zoom in and next thing you know I'm looking in the backyard inside the fence. Now the weather channel's satellite shot kept giving me errors saying that the doppler doesn't not work with the zoom so close. So Matt told me about Google Earth.

After a couple quick downloads, here's some shots of our little lake (Eagle Lake)....
And here's our house with the only fenced yard in the neighborhood...

Kind of fun, now I'm going to check some of your houses! Ha ha!

No comments: